Jun 14, 2010, 1:03 AM EDT
A collection of thoughts on Lakers-Celtics Game 5:
- Ron Artest and Derek Fisher were a combined 4-18.
- Let’s just let that one sit for a minute.
- And what’s even more stunning, Artest my have actually played worse than his shooting line indicates. At one point, he pulled off another I made the comment during the game that Rondo in this game was like Marty McFly during “Johnny Be Good“. He’s trying just to bring the intensity but ends up looking a little foolish. Of particular note was the play where he attempted to go behind the back on a baseline dribble, only to find, well, the baseline. Many of his transition passes were a little too flashy and his teammates couldn’t get a handle on it because he was too many steps ahead of them. His seven turnovers were painful, but it was a much better result than the hesitant, invisible Rondo that’s appeared at times in this series.
- Lamar Odom just… wasn’t.. there. You know? Another of those games, the kind he’s had for the majority of the series, and all this with Glen Davis checking him for a significant portion of the time. The Lakers so desperately need wing help, Jackson has turned to Luke Walton twice in this series, once to a fantastic result (Game 3), and one to a terrible turnover that benched him for the rest of the contest.
- This thing is lightyears from being over. The Lakers, if they ever decide to pull their head out, can use their length and talent to execute their offense, their whole offense, which can overcome the Celtics’ phenomenal defense. But more importantly, they’ll have to get back to the defensive principles that got them to the Finals. And that means protecting the rim.
- The Lakers have come back from adversity consistently this postseason, but haven’t faced an elimination game this year. It’s time to find out what kind of team they are.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld