Jun 14, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
We pretty much know what the top three picks in the NBA Draft were going to be: No. 1 John Wall to the Wizards (as sure a thing as Kobe Bryant being surly in a press conference), No. 2 will be Evan Turner to Philadelphia (unless they trade the pick, which could happen), then at No. 3 Derrick Favors to New Jersey.
And now, according to multiple reports, Syracuse’s Wesley Johnson will go to Minnesota at No. 4.
We’ll start with the most connected draft man out there, Jonathan Givony at DraftExpress, who tweeted this:
Hearing Cousins won’t work out in Minnesota. Apparently they have their mind made up on Wes Johnson. Jives w/everything else we’re hearing
That thought is echoed by the relentless Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo, who added that Cousin’s agent, John Grieg, called off any workouts because he is convinced the Wolves are going to draft Johnson out of Syracuse.
An agent doesn’t make that move unless he has it on pretty good authority.
That means Cousins — potentially the best big man in the draft but potentially the biggest flame out depending on where his head is — falls to the Kings at No. 5. That could be a great fit for them. Cousins and Jason Thompson along the front line with Tyreke Evans slashing to the rim is something you can really build around.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 2
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 3
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 58
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 67
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31