Jun 14, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
We pretty much know what the top three picks in the NBA Draft were going to be: No. 1 John Wall to the Wizards (as sure a thing as Kobe Bryant being surly in a press conference), No. 2 will be Evan Turner to Philadelphia (unless they trade the pick, which could happen), then at No. 3 Derrick Favors to New Jersey.
And now, according to multiple reports, Syracuse’s Wesley Johnson will go to Minnesota at No. 4.
We’ll start with the most connected draft man out there, Jonathan Givony at DraftExpress, who tweeted this:
Hearing Cousins won’t work out in Minnesota. Apparently they have their mind made up on Wes Johnson. Jives w/everything else we’re hearing
That thought is echoed by the relentless Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo, who added that Cousin’s agent, John Grieg, called off any workouts because he is convinced the Wolves are going to draft Johnson out of Syracuse.
An agent doesn’t make that move unless he has it on pretty good authority.
That means Cousins — potentially the best big man in the draft but potentially the biggest flame out depending on where his head is — falls to the Kings at No. 5. That could be a great fit for them. Cousins and Jason Thompson along the front line with Tyreke Evans slashing to the rim is something you can really build around.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31