Jun 14, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
We pretty much know what the top three picks in the NBA Draft were going to be: No. 1 John Wall to the Wizards (as sure a thing as Kobe Bryant being surly in a press conference), No. 2 will be Evan Turner to Philadelphia (unless they trade the pick, which could happen), then at No. 3 Derrick Favors to New Jersey.
And now, according to multiple reports, Syracuse’s Wesley Johnson will go to Minnesota at No. 4.
We’ll start with the most connected draft man out there, Jonathan Givony at DraftExpress, who tweeted this:
Hearing Cousins won’t work out in Minnesota. Apparently they have their mind made up on Wes Johnson. Jives w/everything else we’re hearing
That thought is echoed by the relentless Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo, who added that Cousin’s agent, John Grieg, called off any workouts because he is convinced the Wolves are going to draft Johnson out of Syracuse.
An agent doesn’t make that move unless he has it on pretty good authority.
That means Cousins — potentially the best big man in the draft but potentially the biggest flame out depending on where his head is — falls to the Kings at No. 5. That could be a great fit for them. Cousins and Jason Thompson along the front line with Tyreke Evans slashing to the rim is something you can really build around.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36