Jun 14, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
This isn’t good news for Bradley. His injury hardly appears to be serious, but group workouts are exactly the kind of setting that would showcase Avery’s skills. A look at Bradley’s stats — on whichever level you choose, from counting statistics to more complicated metrics — won’t reveal him to be a lottery-worthy NBA prospect. He has a decent shooting stroke, but he’s neither a terribly efficient scorer or playmaker.
Instead, the things about Bradley’s game that are most likely to entice NBA scouts and GMs are attributes that would be in full view during a 3-on-3 or 5-on-5 workout. Avery’s pro potential is perhaps clearest when he’s picking up an opposing guard full-court, cutting through the lane at full speed, or jumping a passing lane.
Those are obviously still things that will jump out on video, and Bradley’s video resume from his year at Texas will no doubt persuade someone to take him in the first round. The question is where he’ll go in the first, and that’s the kind of thing that could have been altered by an impressive workout with this team or that one.
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 4
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 7
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 34
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 7
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (95)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay