Jun 13, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Boston’s defense showed up big time — holding the Lakers to 39 points on 33 percent shooting.
Meanwhile, the Celtics are shooting 66 percent and they are getting out in transition. Rajon Rondo has 10 points, Paul Pierce had 15 and the bench did well again.
Yet the Celtics lead only by 6, 45-39. That could bode well for a Lakers comeback, or it could just be a matter of time until the Celtics blow it open. But good luck predicting anything in this series.
The key reason the Lakers are hanging around are the 11 Celtics turnovers, a number of them on the break when they were trying to get easy baskets off the Lakers misses. There also were the 8 Lakers offensive rebounds leading to 10 second chance points. The Lakers are doing their job in the paint.
But they are not on defense, and the Celtics are just hitting shots and really feeling it. Twice the Lakers forced Paul Pierce to stop his shot, reload and take a hesitation jumper. Both times he nailed it. Pierce is 7 of 10 from the floor this half.
Rondo is 5 of 8, Kevin Garnett 3 of 3. The Celtics getting their shots.
Kobe has 10 points for the Lakers but needed 12 shots to get it. Gasol is 1 of 4 for 2 points. The Lakers need Gasol to open up things for Kobe, or even if the Celtics shooting comes back to earth it won’t matter. And the Celtics will head back to LA up 3-2.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay