Jun 11, 2010, 5:56 PM EDT
According to the Twitter account of the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo told his (current) team that he will make his decision on Saturday.
Earlier today, Izzo sent a text message to the Associate Press stating that he had not yet made his final decison. According to Plain Dealer writer Mary Schmitt Boyer, the players who attended the meeting came away with the feeling that Izzo “would take the Cavs job.”
Izzo has indicated that he is “leaning towards the Cavs job” and is “sick of the college recruiting process.” (An odd statement if Izzo does plan to take the Cavs job, as his first priority as the new head coach would be to recruit LeBron James.) It appears likely that Izzo will become the next head coach of the Cavaliers before the weekend ends, but it remains too early to be sure about anything.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 3
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 27
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld