Jun 11, 2010, 5:56 PM EST
According to the Twitter account of the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo told his (current) team that he will make his decision on Saturday.
Earlier today, Izzo sent a text message to the Associate Press stating that he had not yet made his final decison. According to Plain Dealer writer Mary Schmitt Boyer, the players who attended the meeting came away with the feeling that Izzo “would take the Cavs job.”
Izzo has indicated that he is “leaning towards the Cavs job” and is “sick of the college recruiting process.” (An odd statement if Izzo does plan to take the Cavs job, as his first priority as the new head coach would be to recruit LeBron James.) It appears likely that Izzo will become the next head coach of the Cavaliers before the weekend ends, but it remains too early to be sure about anything.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 12
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 29
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld