Jun 11, 2010, 5:56 PM EDT
According to the Twitter account of the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo told his (current) team that he will make his decision on Saturday.
Earlier today, Izzo sent a text message to the Associate Press stating that he had not yet made his final decison. According to Plain Dealer writer Mary Schmitt Boyer, the players who attended the meeting came away with the feeling that Izzo “would take the Cavs job.”
Izzo has indicated that he is “leaning towards the Cavs job” and is “sick of the college recruiting process.” (An odd statement if Izzo does plan to take the Cavs job, as his first priority as the new head coach would be to recruit LeBron James.) It appears likely that Izzo will become the next head coach of the Cavaliers before the weekend ends, but it remains too early to be sure about anything.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld