Jun 11, 2010, 5:56 PM EDT
According to the Twitter account of the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo told his (current) team that he will make his decision on Saturday.
Earlier today, Izzo sent a text message to the Associate Press stating that he had not yet made his final decison. According to Plain Dealer writer Mary Schmitt Boyer, the players who attended the meeting came away with the feeling that Izzo “would take the Cavs job.“
Izzo has indicated that he is “leaning towards the Cavs job” and is “sick of the college recruiting process.” (An odd statement if Izzo does plan to take the Cavs job, as his first priority as the new head coach would be to recruit LeBron James.) It appears likely that Izzo will become the next head coach of the Cavaliers before the weekend ends, but it remains too early to be sure about anything.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 0
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld