Jun 11, 2010, 5:56 PM EST
According to the Twitter account of the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo told his (current) team that he will make his decision on Saturday.
Earlier today, Izzo sent a text message to the Associate Press stating that he had not yet made his final decison. According to Plain Dealer writer Mary Schmitt Boyer, the players who attended the meeting came away with the feeling that Izzo “would take the Cavs job.”
Izzo has indicated that he is “leaning towards the Cavs job” and is “sick of the college recruiting process.” (An odd statement if Izzo does plan to take the Cavs job, as his first priority as the new head coach would be to recruit LeBron James.) It appears likely that Izzo will become the next head coach of the Cavaliers before the weekend ends, but it remains too early to be sure about anything.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld