Jun 11, 2010, 10:05 AM EST
It was probably a lot like those time share sales pitches you suffered through to get those two free days in Las Vegas.
Tom Izzo has traveled to Cleveland and heard their hard-sell sales pitch. He talked with their people and toured the facilities (which he had been at before) while his family toured the city.
So he ready to decide, right? Wrong. The Associated Press asked him when he landed back in East Lansing when he will be ready.
“It’s not gonna be forever, that’s for sure.”
Well, that clears everything up.
It’s clearly on Izzo now. Byron Scott is waiting in the wings, but owner Dan Gilbert wants Izzo. Owners get what they want.
It’s not an easy decision. Izzo has a good life, is treated like a god among men in East Lansing. He gets paid well. But he’d get paid better in Cleveland. His ego would get stroked a lot more (so long as the team was winning, if not it gets kicked around). Winning on the big stage is like nothing else.
It comes down to, is Izzo willing to gamble on the return of LeBron James to Cleveland? It’s a question only he can answer. Someday.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39