Jun 11, 2010, 10:05 AM EST
It was probably a lot like those time share sales pitches you suffered through to get those two free days in Las Vegas.
Tom Izzo has traveled to Cleveland and heard their hard-sell sales pitch. He talked with their people and toured the facilities (which he had been at before) while his family toured the city.
So he ready to decide, right? Wrong. The Associated Press asked him when he landed back in East Lansing when he will be ready.
“It’s not gonna be forever, that’s for sure.”
Well, that clears everything up.
It’s clearly on Izzo now. Byron Scott is waiting in the wings, but owner Dan Gilbert wants Izzo. Owners get what they want.
It’s not an easy decision. Izzo has a good life, is treated like a god among men in East Lansing. He gets paid well. But he’d get paid better in Cleveland. His ego would get stroked a lot more (so long as the team was winning, if not it gets kicked around). Winning on the big stage is like nothing else.
It comes down to, is Izzo willing to gamble on the return of LeBron James to Cleveland? It’s a question only he can answer. Someday.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 27
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7