Jun 11, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
John Wall is a can’t-miss prospect. He’s going to be a star in the NBA for a long, long time, and he’s immensely talented. So much so that the only suspense between the draft lottery and the draft itself concerned whether or not the Wizards could possibly talk themselves out of taking Wall with the No. 1 pick.
That’s not going to happen. From Michael Lee of the Washington Post:
David Falk, agent for Ohio State junior Evan Turner, said that his
client would not work out for the Wizards. Falk and Turner were both in
attendance at Game 4 of the NBA Finals in Boston. Falk said Turner
would only work out for Philadelphia, which holds the No. 2 pick, on
June 17 – the same day Wall will work out for the Wizards. Wall is
currently scheduled to workout for the 76ers the day before.
While it’s not surprising that the Wizards would favor Wall, it’s a bit weird that they won’t even bring Turner in for a closer look. I guess if they’ve already made their decision they needn’t bother with
smokescreens, but isn’t there always the chance that Turner just knocks
their socks off in interviews and workouts? Of course, it could be a decision made by Turner and David Falk, based on Falk’s own estimation of Washington’s infatuation with Wall/lack of interest in Turner. We don’t know for sure at this point.
Regardless, Wall will be the guy. He should be the guy, and he and the Wizards should be very happy together. Y’know, unless the whole thing suddenly erodes and Washington is plagued by even more misfortune. Not to jinx it or anything.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 28
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25