Jun 11, 2010, 9:36 AM EST
Make no mistake — Big Baby slobbered. He drooled. Just like a baby. On national television. For all the cameras to catch.
He doesn’t really care. And if he can play like that again in Game 5, the entire city of Boston will drool right along with him. (I think the Southies already do.)
“Let me tell you something right quick,” Glen “Big Baby” Davis said during his stand up routine and post-game press conference with Nate Robinson, televised on NBA TV. “When you’re in the moment, you’re in the moment. If I slobber, snot, spit, please excuse me. Kids, don’t do that. Have manners and things like that.”
Didn’t surprise Doc Rivers.
“I’ve seen that action before. It’s usually after we run in practice,” Rivers said.
Rivers will drool on national television for another performance like that.
Davis provided what Kevin Garnett has not really this series — a strong inside presence to match the Lakers. He had 18 points on 7 of 10 shooting. Davis was matched up on Lamar Odom — since Andrew Bynum was sitting — and just dominated him inside. Davis has the size to just back Odom down, but he is amazingly fleet of foot and athletic for a man his size. You can see where the comparisons to Shaquille O’Neal came from at LSU.
Drool on, Big Baby. Drool on.
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 0
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 3
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 12
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 26
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (45)