Jun 11, 2010, 7:24 PM EDT
George “The Iceman” Gervin, who averaged 25.1 points over the course of his NBA career, believes that LeBron James should stay with the team that gives him the best chance of winning a championship. He also believes that staying with the Cavaliers would give James the best chance of winning that championship.
“I hope he stays in Cleveland, personally. All that glitters ain’t gold. You may see all that stuff glittering with these opportunities. But we call that fake gold…I like him staying in Cleveland, having an opportunity to win a championship,” Gervin said. “If you’re going to New Jersey, what are they putting around him? They’re the bottom of the barrel. And the Knicks? They’re missing a point guard, for one thing.”
Although Gervin played for the Bulls during the 1985-86 season and was actually a teammate of Michael Jordan’s, he did not comment on the possibility of LeBron going to Chicago, a team that would also be able to put talent around James. And even though they’re the Clippers, Los Angeles does have some very intriguing young talent that could fit well with James.
- Report: Timberwolves make push to acquire Eric Bledsoe with max offer in sign-and-trade 0
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25