Jun 10, 2010, 11:46 AM EDT
This was a no brainer, because good and affordable backup point guards are not easy to come by, but the Mavericks are about to pick up the option on J.J. Barea.
Barea gave the Mavericks a solid 20 minutes, 7.6 points and 3.3 assists per game off the bench. He shoots at a decent rate — including 35 percent from three — and he can also get to the rim.
He is owned $1.8 million next year, which is a very reasonable price for 20 quality minutes. Everyone knew this was coming, but a report in the Dallas Morning News makes it all but official.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 6
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11