Jun 10, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
There’s a point to this. Just hang with me.
Larry Brown Sports is reporting that Wednesday night Dwyane Wade, along with girlfriend Gabrielle Union, was spotted at a restaurant in LA with Chris Bosh during a small get together.
Okay, I’m going to take a second here and let you get your cries of rampant speculation and pathetic over-reporting out of the way. Yes, the two are friends. Yes, they were just hanging out. Yes, it is very common for NBA players to do this. No, I will not go do that to myself, that is quite rude.
Now, the relevance of this little anecdote.
It’s absolutely true that players do meet like this all the time. What’s more provocative is the timing. Wade has been very clear that he intends to re-sign with Miami, saying his “heart” is there. Obviously he retains the right to change his mind depending on what his fellow All-Stars do and how the team directions shake out. But if we assume that Wade enters free agency committed to drawing one of his cohorts back to South Beach, this could be a sign that Wade is well out in front.
LeBron is doing promotional visits and expanding his brand. Amar’e Stoudemire has gone underground. Meanwhile, Wade is visiting Bosh in LA. It’s yet another indicator that Wade is the most committed of the top tier summit players in pursuing a championship.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 11
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy