Jun 10, 2010, 10:37 AM EST
Don’t be surprised if the Sacramento Kings are involved in a draft day trade, and look for Andres Nocioni to be in the package.
The Argentinean forward did an interview with Ole, an Argentinean sports publication. (We’re surprised an Argentinean sports publication has time for basketball on the eve of the World Cup, but whatever. We found this via Hoopshype.)
He is very direct in his interview (the translation may be somewhat inexact).
“To the Kings I said openly I would not stay. They answered that they agreed, they would try to trade to a competitive team, first in the draft that comes in 15 days … I have to wait.
“Toronto? What I know about, not a bad option, but I will not talk about rumors…
“I have no concerns returning to Europe. I would not mind, on the contrary I would say … I’ve been six years in the NBA and I was never a fan of playing there. It’s not like Luis (Scola) and Manu (Ginobili), who always dreamed of that. My dream has always been Europe…
“There is interest from Real and the Caja Laboral… but no offers, because it is forbidden.”
Nocioni may want to leave, but he has two more guaranteed seasons on his NBA contract at $6.8 million a year, plus a team option for a third year. Nobody is eating that contract so he could go play in Europe, that idea is dead.
Nocioni had the worst shooting season of his career last year in Sacramento, down in all categories across the board.
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 4
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 5
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (39)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)