Jun 9, 2010, 11:53 AM EST
This is probably what everybody surmised, but now we have a little confirmation.
According to a report in the Miami Herald, the free agent the Miami Heat are targeting first is Chris Bosh, who will certainly demand the max salary. His versatile inside game and ability to run the floor should be a good fit with Dwyane Wade.
If not Bosh, Phoenix would turn their interest to Amare Stoudemire (who also will ask for a max salary and likely will get it from someone). After that would come Carlos Boozer, but they would ask him to take less than the $15.8 million that he could be offered.
Stoudemire is a year younger and is more athletic than Boozer, putting him ahead of Boozer on the pecking order. However, both of them were exposed in the playoffs on the defensive end. Basically, both of them need to be paired with a center who can erase their defensive mistakes. Just another expense to factor in.
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 0
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 39
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7