Jun 9, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
This is probably what everybody surmised, but now we have a little confirmation.
According to a report in the Miami Herald, the free agent the Miami Heat are targeting first is Chris Bosh, who will certainly demand the max salary. His versatile inside game and ability to run the floor should be a good fit with Dwyane Wade.
If not Bosh, Phoenix would turn their interest to Amare Stoudemire (who also will ask for a max salary and likely will get it from someone). After that would come Carlos Boozer, but they would ask him to take less than the $15.8 million that he could be offered.
Stoudemire is a year younger and is more athletic than Boozer, putting him ahead of Boozer on the pecking order. However, both of them were exposed in the playoffs on the defensive end. Basically, both of them need to be paired with a center who can erase their defensive mistakes. Just another expense to factor in.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 4
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 23
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 56
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11