Jun 9, 2010, 11:53 AM EST
This is probably what everybody surmised, but now we have a little confirmation.
According to a report in the Miami Herald, the free agent the Miami Heat are targeting first is Chris Bosh, who will certainly demand the max salary. His versatile inside game and ability to run the floor should be a good fit with Dwyane Wade.
If not Bosh, Phoenix would turn their interest to Amare Stoudemire (who also will ask for a max salary and likely will get it from someone). After that would come Carlos Boozer, but they would ask him to take less than the $15.8 million that he could be offered.
Stoudemire is a year younger and is more athletic than Boozer, putting him ahead of Boozer on the pecking order. However, both of them were exposed in the playoffs on the defensive end. Basically, both of them need to be paired with a center who can erase their defensive mistakes. Just another expense to factor in.
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 0
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 8
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)