Jun 9, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
This is probably what everybody surmised, but now we have a little confirmation.
According to a report in the Miami Herald, the free agent the Miami Heat are targeting first is Chris Bosh, who will certainly demand the max salary. His versatile inside game and ability to run the floor should be a good fit with Dwyane Wade.
If not Bosh, Phoenix would turn their interest to Amare Stoudemire (who also will ask for a max salary and likely will get it from someone). After that would come Carlos Boozer, but they would ask him to take less than the $15.8 million that he could be offered.
Stoudemire is a year younger and is more athletic than Boozer, putting him ahead of Boozer on the pecking order. However, both of them were exposed in the playoffs on the defensive end. Basically, both of them need to be paired with a center who can erase their defensive mistakes. Just another expense to factor in.
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 0
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9