Jun 9, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
This is probably what everybody surmised, but now we have a little confirmation.
According to a report in the Miami Herald, the free agent the Miami Heat are targeting first is Chris Bosh, who will certainly demand the max salary. His versatile inside game and ability to run the floor should be a good fit with Dwyane Wade.
If not Bosh, Phoenix would turn their interest to Amare Stoudemire (who also will ask for a max salary and likely will get it from someone). After that would come Carlos Boozer, but they would ask him to take less than the $15.8 million that he could be offered.
Stoudemire is a year younger and is more athletic than Boozer, putting him ahead of Boozer on the pecking order. However, both of them were exposed in the playoffs on the defensive end. Basically, both of them need to be paired with a center who can erase their defensive mistakes. Just another expense to factor in.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 49
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18