Jun 9, 2010, 9:03 PM EST
John Wall is determined to carve his own path.
He did not follow the pied piper that is William Wesley to his preferred agents. He did not follow LeBron James to his marketing agency.
And now he’s not going with Nike for his shoe deal. Or even Adidas.
Wall has agreed to a deal with Reebok, something Wall himself announced on twitter. Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski had the details — five year, $25 million deal. Pretty healthy contract in this economy for a guy who has yet to play in the NBA. That said Wall is very marketable, very personable, and he can ball. Reebok may have gotten a real star.
Reebok is owned by Adidas, but as we have detailed before it has fallen off the NBA radar as a brand in and of itself. This could be the beginning of a change – Reebok now has a real up-and-coming star to market itself around.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8