Jun 9, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
John Wall is determined to carve his own path.
He did not follow the pied piper that is William Wesley to his preferred agents. He did not follow LeBron James to his marketing agency.
And now he’s not going with Nike for his shoe deal. Or even Adidas.
Wall has agreed to a deal with Reebok, something Wall himself announced on twitter. Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski had the details — five year, $25 million deal. Pretty healthy contract in this economy for a guy who has yet to play in the NBA. That said Wall is very marketable, very personable, and he can ball. Reebok may have gotten a real star.
Reebok is owned by Adidas, but as we have detailed before it has fallen off the NBA radar as a brand in and of itself. This could be the beginning of a change – Reebok now has a real up-and-coming star to market itself around.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 14
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43