Jun 9, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
John Wall is determined to carve his own path.
He did not follow the pied piper that is William Wesley to his preferred agents. He did not follow LeBron James to his marketing agency.
And now he’s not going with Nike for his shoe deal. Or even Adidas.
Wall has agreed to a deal with Reebok, something Wall himself announced on twitter. Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski had the details — five year, $25 million deal. Pretty healthy contract in this economy for a guy who has yet to play in the NBA. That said Wall is very marketable, very personable, and he can ball. Reebok may have gotten a real star.
Reebok is owned by Adidas, but as we have detailed before it has fallen off the NBA radar as a brand in and of itself. This could be the beginning of a change – Reebok now has a real up-and-coming star to market itself around.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50