Jun 9, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
Priority one for the Miami Heat this summer is to bring Dwyane Wade back. The Heat aren’t being subtle about that, either.
But they have another free agent they want back, too — Udonis Haslem.
To show him a little love, they threw a surprise 30th birthday party for him — bringing over 200 people to his house, according to Ira Winderman.
“I never knew so many people cared,” Haslem said of the event. “In my 30 years, this is the best birthday I have ever had.
“Who would want to go anywhere else with an organization like this?”
Everyone was wearing black shirts that said “We Want U Back.”
Haslem made $7.1 million last season and is an unrestricted free agent. He has said he wants to keep playing in Miami. The Heat have said they want him back, including when Pat Riley phoned him during the party.
There’s just the little matter of the money. And in this economy, in this free agent summer, it’s hard to predict how that will shake out.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 29
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1