Jun 9, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
Priority one for the Miami Heat this summer is to bring Dwyane Wade back. The Heat aren’t being subtle about that, either.
But they have another free agent they want back, too — Udonis Haslem.
To show him a little love, they threw a surprise 30th birthday party for him — bringing over 200 people to his house, according to Ira Winderman.
“I never knew so many people cared,” Haslem said of the event. “In my 30 years, this is the best birthday I have ever had.
“Who would want to go anywhere else with an organization like this?”
Everyone was wearing black shirts that said “We Want U Back.”
Haslem made $7.1 million last season and is an unrestricted free agent. He has said he wants to keep playing in Miami. The Heat have said they want him back, including when Pat Riley phoned him during the party.
There’s just the little matter of the money. And in this economy, in this free agent summer, it’s hard to predict how that will shake out.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (61)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay