Jun 9, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
Priority one for the Miami Heat this summer is to bring Dwyane Wade back. The Heat aren’t being subtle about that, either.
But they have another free agent they want back, too — Udonis Haslem.
To show him a little love, they threw a surprise 30th birthday party for him — bringing over 200 people to his house, according to Ira Winderman.
“I never knew so many people cared,” Haslem said of the event. “In my 30 years, this is the best birthday I have ever had.
“Who would want to go anywhere else with an organization like this?”
Everyone was wearing black shirts that said “We Want U Back.”
Haslem made $7.1 million last season and is an unrestricted free agent. He has said he wants to keep playing in Miami. The Heat have said they want him back, including when Pat Riley phoned him during the party.
There’s just the little matter of the money. And in this economy, in this free agent summer, it’s hard to predict how that will shake out.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 66
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 15
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32