Jun 9, 2010, 8:37 AM EST
Well, there’s one offer Mikhail Prokhorov or Dan Gilbert can’t make.
The Harlem Globetrotters have already reached out to LeBron James and made him an offer — part ownership of the team. Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported this via twitter.
In a serious effort/marketing move, the Harlem Globetrotters are making a pitch to sign LeBron & Dwyane Wade & offering ownership. They will offer 51 percent of revenue from licensed merchandise sales with no limit plus part ownership. Well, they haven’t lost since ’71.
Globetrotters are at least attempting it, they have contacted Wade & LeBron’s representatives.
It’s more marketing move than serious effort, but a clever one.
And before you ask — NBA rules prohibit players from being owners, so nobody can make that offer to LeBron. Because otherwise you know that would be on the table.
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 8
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 8
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)