Jun 9, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
Lest there was any remaining doubt, let it be known that Amar’e Stoudemire wants to get paid.
He told the kids at his basketball camp in Phoenix yesterday that there is “no chance” he would exercise his $17.5 million option for next season. He will become a free agent if the Suns don’t re-sign him before July 1. Associated Press had the report, and added he said he thought he deserved a max deal.
The Suns max deal is more than any other team can offer, six years at about $127 million ($30 million and one more year than others can offer).
None of this is a surprise. But if had not been for a post All-Star Game surge from Stoudemire, he may have had a harder time getting that money. If the Suns don’t pay it, teams like the Miami Heat may.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13