Jun 8, 2010, 11:14 AM EDT
With all due respect to the great Tom Ziller, not many people choose Sacramento.
It’s a place people end up. It’s a seat of power (California’s capital), but as a metropolitan center, well… let’s just say it’s lacking. You don’t hear major free agents to be raving about the nightlife in Sac Town. Not like in, say, Toronto.
But Hedo Turkoglu is not like most people. He wants out of Toronto and to return to Sacramento and is telling his friends around the league that, according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Turkoglu wants to be traded, I want to drive a Maserati. Life’s tough that way. The reality is Turkoglu will be hard to move anywhere. Nobody really wants to take on his crappy contract– four years left starting at $9.8 million and going up to $12 million. Plus, everybody knows he wants to be traded so they are going to stick it to Brian Colangelo in negotiations.
To make a deal, the Raptors are going to have to take on some crappy contracts. What a great selling tool to keep Chris Bosh in town. In the case of Sacramento, they would likely try to ship Andres Nocioni and parts in any deal with Toronto, Wojnarowski speculates. That sounds about right. And terrible.
Besides, Sacramento has a young core with Tyreke Evans to build around, young players that can grow up in the league together. Turkoglu is 31 years old and expensive. Not exactly a good fit, even if the Kings do need someone at the three spot.
Turkoglu is going to find reality is not as much fun as driving a Maserati.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3