Jun 8, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
If you told Celtics fans before the game that Kevin Garnett would have 15 first half points, they would have thought they would be destroying the Lakers and started celebrating.
But the Celtics are down a dozen at the half, 52-40.
Outside of Rajon Rondo (4-7) and KG (7-9) the Celtics are 5 of 24 shooting. As a team they are at 40%, as the Lakers defense has cut out most of the easy transition baskets the Celtics rely on.
Meanwhile the Lakers are attacking the basket again and getting points inside. Los Angeles is shooting 47.5 percent, and Lamar Odom is 3 for 3 with 8 points off the bench. Including a lucky banked three. Kobe Bryant has 16 points, but needed 13 shots to get it. Andrew Bynum is 3 of 5.
The Lakers withstood the early charge of the Celtics, but they can expect another in the second half. We’ll see if they are up to the task again.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5