Jun 8, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
If you told Celtics fans before the game that Kevin Garnett would have 15 first half points, they would have thought they would be destroying the Lakers and started celebrating.
But the Celtics are down a dozen at the half, 52-40.
Outside of Rajon Rondo (4-7) and KG (7-9) the Celtics are 5 of 24 shooting. As a team they are at 40%, as the Lakers defense has cut out most of the easy transition baskets the Celtics rely on.
Meanwhile the Lakers are attacking the basket again and getting points inside. Los Angeles is shooting 47.5 percent, and Lamar Odom is 3 for 3 with 8 points off the bench. Including a lucky banked three. Kobe Bryant has 16 points, but needed 13 shots to get it. Andrew Bynum is 3 of 5.
The Lakers withstood the early charge of the Celtics, but they can expect another in the second half. We’ll see if they are up to the task again.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5