Jun 8, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
If you told Celtics fans before the game that Kevin Garnett would have 15 first half points, they would have thought they would be destroying the Lakers and started celebrating.
But the Celtics are down a dozen at the half, 52-40.
Outside of Rajon Rondo (4-7) and KG (7-9) the Celtics are 5 of 24 shooting. As a team they are at 40%, as the Lakers defense has cut out most of the easy transition baskets the Celtics rely on.
Meanwhile the Lakers are attacking the basket again and getting points inside. Los Angeles is shooting 47.5 percent, and Lamar Odom is 3 for 3 with 8 points off the bench. Including a lucky banked three. Kobe Bryant has 16 points, but needed 13 shots to get it. Andrew Bynum is 3 of 5.
The Lakers withstood the early charge of the Celtics, but they can expect another in the second half. We’ll see if they are up to the task again.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10