Jun 8, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
If you told Celtics fans before the game that Kevin Garnett would have 15 first half points, they would have thought they would be destroying the Lakers and started celebrating.
But the Celtics are down a dozen at the half, 52-40.
Outside of Rajon Rondo (4-7) and KG (7-9) the Celtics are 5 of 24 shooting. As a team they are at 40%, as the Lakers defense has cut out most of the easy transition baskets the Celtics rely on.
Meanwhile the Lakers are attacking the basket again and getting points inside. Los Angeles is shooting 47.5 percent, and Lamar Odom is 3 for 3 with 8 points off the bench. Including a lucky banked three. Kobe Bryant has 16 points, but needed 13 shots to get it. Andrew Bynum is 3 of 5.
The Lakers withstood the early charge of the Celtics, but they can expect another in the second half. We’ll see if they are up to the task again.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19