Jun 8, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
If you told Celtics fans before the game that Kevin Garnett would have 15 first half points, they would have thought they would be destroying the Lakers and started celebrating.
But the Celtics are down a dozen at the half, 52-40.
Outside of Rajon Rondo (4-7) and KG (7-9) the Celtics are 5 of 24 shooting. As a team they are at 40%, as the Lakers defense has cut out most of the easy transition baskets the Celtics rely on.
Meanwhile the Lakers are attacking the basket again and getting points inside. Los Angeles is shooting 47.5 percent, and Lamar Odom is 3 for 3 with 8 points off the bench. Including a lucky banked three. Kobe Bryant has 16 points, but needed 13 shots to get it. Andrew Bynum is 3 of 5.
The Lakers withstood the early charge of the Celtics, but they can expect another in the second half. We’ll see if they are up to the task again.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights