Jun 8, 2010, 5:23 PM EDT
Well, there you go. Fisher has always been known as one of the NBA’s true class acts, but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s a guy you want to mess with. When asked about Paul Pierce’s comments that the Celtics “won’t be coming back to LA,” Fisher’s facial expression told the whole story.
We’ve all heard about how the “veteran mentality” that teams like Boston and LA have helps them get down to business and win road playoff games, but it’s rare to see up close exactly what that veteran mentality means. No cute remark, no overblown war metaphors, no qualifying the game, no “that’s just something players say” — just the intense stare of a player determined to get home-court advantage back.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
Did Chicago do the right thing in firing Thibodeau?
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld