Jun 8, 2010, 5:23 PM EST
Well, there you go. Fisher has always been known as one of the NBA’s true class acts, but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s a guy you want to mess with. When asked about Paul Pierce’s comments that the Celtics “won’t be coming back to LA,” Fisher’s facial expression told the whole story.
We’ve all heard about how the “veteran mentality” that teams like Boston and LA have helps them get down to business and win road playoff games, but it’s rare to see up close exactly what that veteran mentality means. No cute remark, no overblown war metaphors, no qualifying the game, no “that’s just something players say” — just the intense stare of a player determined to get home-court advantage back.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld