Jun 8, 2010, 5:23 PM EDT
Well, there you go. Fisher has always been known as one of the NBA’s true class acts, but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s a guy you want to mess with. When asked about Paul Pierce’s comments that the Celtics “won’t be coming back to LA,” Fisher’s facial expression told the whole story.
We’ve all heard about how the “veteran mentality” that teams like Boston and LA have helps them get down to business and win road playoff games, but it’s rare to see up close exactly what that veteran mentality means. No cute remark, no overblown war metaphors, no qualifying the game, no “that’s just something players say” — just the intense stare of a player determined to get home-court advantage back.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld