Jun 8, 2010, 5:23 PM EST
Well, there you go. Fisher has always been known as one of the NBA’s true class acts, but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s a guy you want to mess with. When asked about Paul Pierce’s comments that the Celtics “won’t be coming back to LA,” Fisher’s facial expression told the whole story.
We’ve all heard about how the “veteran mentality” that teams like Boston and LA have helps them get down to business and win road playoff games, but it’s rare to see up close exactly what that veteran mentality means. No cute remark, no overblown war metaphors, no qualifying the game, no “that’s just something players say” — just the intense stare of a player determined to get home-court advantage back.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 39
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld