Jun 8, 2010, 5:23 PM EDT
Well, there you go. Fisher has always been known as one of the NBA’s true class acts, but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s a guy you want to mess with. When asked about Paul Pierce’s comments that the Celtics “won’t be coming back to LA,” Fisher’s facial expression told the whole story.
We’ve all heard about how the “veteran mentality” that teams like Boston and LA have helps them get down to business and win road playoff games, but it’s rare to see up close exactly what that veteran mentality means. No cute remark, no overblown war metaphors, no qualifying the game, no “that’s just something players say” — just the intense stare of a player determined to get home-court advantage back.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld