Jun 7, 2010, 5:37 PM EST
Larry Brown is back in Charlotte, doing his job.
Which is still head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. The same job he will have next season. Apparently. That is what he is telling Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
“I’m here, coaching. So obviously I’m under contract, doing my job.”
So I followed up on whether that’s a definitive decision.
Brown: “I’m here. If I wasn’t here, that would be another thing.”
General manager Rod Higgins gave an interview later, confirming that everyone is working under the assumption Brown will coach the Bobcats next season.
Despite the desire of the Clippers to have him back, feelers of interest from other teams (and who knows with what Cleveland is doing, they may well call him, too) Brown looks like he is staying in Charlotte.
Which is what he said all along. Maybe he wanted a front-office job in Philadelphia — where his family lives — but that is not happening. And maybe he really does only want to coach for Jordan in Charlotte, if he has to coach.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10