Jun 7, 2010, 5:37 PM EDT
Larry Brown is back in Charlotte, doing his job.
Which is still head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. The same job he will have next season. Apparently. That is what he is telling Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
“I’m here, coaching. So obviously I’m under contract, doing my job.”
So I followed up on whether that’s a definitive decision.
Brown: “I’m here. If I wasn’t here, that would be another thing.”
General manager Rod Higgins gave an interview later, confirming that everyone is working under the assumption Brown will coach the Bobcats next season.
Despite the desire of the Clippers to have him back, feelers of interest from other teams (and who knows with what Cleveland is doing, they may well call him, too) Brown looks like he is staying in Charlotte.
Which is what he said all along. Maybe he wanted a front-office job in Philadelphia — where his family lives — but that is not happening. And maybe he really does only want to coach for Jordan in Charlotte, if he has to coach.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18