Jun 7, 2010, 5:37 PM EST
Larry Brown is back in Charlotte, doing his job.
Which is still head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. The same job he will have next season. Apparently. That is what he is telling Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
“I’m here, coaching. So obviously I’m under contract, doing my job.”
So I followed up on whether that’s a definitive decision.
Brown: “I’m here. If I wasn’t here, that would be another thing.”
General manager Rod Higgins gave an interview later, confirming that everyone is working under the assumption Brown will coach the Bobcats next season.
Despite the desire of the Clippers to have him back, feelers of interest from other teams (and who knows with what Cleveland is doing, they may well call him, too) Brown looks like he is staying in Charlotte.
Which is what he said all along. Maybe he wanted a front-office job in Philadelphia — where his family lives — but that is not happening. And maybe he really does only want to coach for Jordan in Charlotte, if he has to coach.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4