Jun 7, 2010, 5:37 PM EDT
Larry Brown is back in Charlotte, doing his job.
Which is still head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. The same job he will have next season. Apparently. That is what he is telling Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
“I’m here, coaching. So obviously I’m under contract, doing my job.”
So I followed up on whether that’s a definitive decision.
Brown: “I’m here. If I wasn’t here, that would be another thing.”
General manager Rod Higgins gave an interview later, confirming that everyone is working under the assumption Brown will coach the Bobcats next season.
Despite the desire of the Clippers to have him back, feelers of interest from other teams (and who knows with what Cleveland is doing, they may well call him, too) Brown looks like he is staying in Charlotte.
Which is what he said all along. Maybe he wanted a front-office job in Philadelphia — where his family lives — but that is not happening. And maybe he really does only want to coach for Jordan in Charlotte, if he has to coach.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 5
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games