Jun 7, 2010, 7:21 PM EDT
(skip to the 4:10 mark to see the part with the flare gun)
Every once in a while, it’s nice to take a break from NBA Finals coverage to remind everyone just how much crazier they could be. The above is footage from game four of the Greek A-1 league finals between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. With Panathinaikos, who held a 2-0 series lead, up seven points with 1:03 left to play, an Olympiakos fan who seriously did not want to see his team play the steal/foul game decided to shoot a flare gun at the Panathinaikos bench. The game was immediately stopped, and Panathinaikos was awarded the victory in the game and the series.
The game had been delayed earlier when fans threw garbage onto the court and lit fireworks under the Panathinaikos bench. There’s not much else to add to this, other than that I think the odds of Josh Childress leaving the Greek league and coming back to the NBA just went up.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 3
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld