Jun 7, 2010, 7:21 PM EDT
(skip to the 4:10 mark to see the part with the flare gun)
Every once in a while, it’s nice to take a break from NBA Finals coverage to remind everyone just how much crazier they could be. The above is footage from game four of the Greek A-1 league finals between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. With Panathinaikos, who held a 2-0 series lead, up seven points with 1:03 left to play, an Olympiakos fan who seriously did not want to see his team play the steal/foul game decided to shoot a flare gun at the Panathinaikos bench. The game was immediately stopped, and Panathinaikos was awarded the victory in the game and the series.
The game had been delayed earlier when fans threw garbage onto the court and lit fireworks under the Panathinaikos bench. There’s not much else to add to this, other than that I think the odds of Josh Childress leaving the Greek league and coming back to the NBA just went up.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld