Jun 7, 2010, 7:21 PM EDT
(skip to the 4:10 mark to see the part with the flare gun)
Every once in a while, it’s nice to take a break from NBA Finals coverage to remind everyone just how much crazier they could be. The above is footage from game four of the Greek A-1 league finals between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. With Panathinaikos, who held a 2-0 series lead, up seven points with 1:03 left to play, an Olympiakos fan who seriously did not want to see his team play the steal/foul game decided to shoot a flare gun at the Panathinaikos bench. The game was immediately stopped, and Panathinaikos was awarded the victory in the game and the series.
The game had been delayed earlier when fans threw garbage onto the court and lit fireworks under the Panathinaikos bench. There’s not much else to add to this, other than that I think the odds of Josh Childress leaving the Greek league and coming back to the NBA just went up.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld