Jun 7, 2010, 7:21 PM EDT
(skip to the 4:10 mark to see the part with the flare gun)
Every once in a while, it’s nice to take a break from NBA Finals coverage to remind everyone just how much crazier they could be. The above is footage from game four of the Greek A-1 league finals between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. With Panathinaikos, who held a 2-0 series lead, up seven points with 1:03 left to play, an Olympiakos fan who seriously did not want to see his team play the steal/foul game decided to shoot a flare gun at the Panathinaikos bench. The game was immediately stopped, and Panathinaikos was awarded the victory in the game and the series.
The game had been delayed earlier when fans threw garbage onto the court and lit fireworks under the Panathinaikos bench. There’s not much else to add to this, other than that I think the odds of Josh Childress leaving the Greek league and coming back to the NBA just went up.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 1
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld