Jun 7, 2010, 7:21 PM EST
(skip to the 4:10 mark to see the part with the flare gun)
Every once in a while, it’s nice to take a break from NBA Finals coverage to remind everyone just how much crazier they could be. The above is footage from game four of the Greek A-1 league finals between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. With Panathinaikos, who held a 2-0 series lead, up seven points with 1:03 left to play, an Olympiakos fan who seriously did not want to see his team play the steal/foul game decided to shoot a flare gun at the Panathinaikos bench. The game was immediately stopped, and Panathinaikos was awarded the victory in the game and the series.
The game had been delayed earlier when fans threw garbage onto the court and lit fireworks under the Panathinaikos bench. There’s not much else to add to this, other than that I think the odds of Josh Childress leaving the Greek league and coming back to the NBA just went up.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld