Jun 4, 2010, 8:58 AM EST
Anthony Randolph is young and has a world of talent and potential. That doesn’t mean Don Nelson is going to play him unless he has to, but the talent is there.
Other teams recognize that talent and would like to have it.
Like the Timberwolves, who have talked to Golden State about an Anthony Randolph trade, according to ESPN. No parameters of the deal were released, although you can bet the Warriors would not let him go cheaply.
The Warriors had let it be known last season that they would trade Randolph for the right offer, but apparently never got one they liked enough.
Randolph has a world of athletic ability and has shown it for stretches, but he has spent more time in Don Nelson’s doghouse. Like a lot of rookies. The Warriors have quietly hinted about maturity issues. They mean about Randolph, not Nelson, even though the latter has frustrated and angered a number of promising young Warriors players (Monta Ellis and Anthony Morrow among them).
Randolph is coming off an ankle injury that forced him to miss the end of the season, however he is expected to be back and ready to go for the season. He even has bulked up his thin frame with some muscle, according to reports.
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 3
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60