Jun 4, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
If you’re looking for some crazy, look no farther than Charles Oakley.
The 15-year NBA veteran has been out of the league for six seasons, but he still has plenty of opinions about it. The kind of opinions usually heard from overnight sports talk radio callers. Oakley was on recently with Sid Rosenberg of WQAM in Miami — not an overnight show — and he was talking.
He had thoughts on LeBron and why he should not go to New York.
“I said maybe Chicago or Miami… I think him and Wade would be great together. I can’t tell him to go to New York. New York treated me bad… When I go to the Knicks games, do you know that they have somebody that follows me around to see what I say to the press?”
He had thoughts on how soft Dwight Howard is mentally.
“Dwight Howard is embarrassing Patrick (Ewing) if you ask me. He doesn’t have a ball player’s mind. And they tell me he is one of the best centers in the game. He wouldn’t have even made the league ten years ago. He would be on the bench. They say he won’t listen. Dwight won’t listen. How can you not listen to Patrick Ewing?”
And he had some advice for the two sides contemplating a lockout.
“With the product you got now, you better hope somebody watches you next year… The league’s bad.”
It’s just Oakley being Oakley.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)