Jun 4, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
If you’re looking for some crazy, look no farther than Charles Oakley.
The 15-year NBA veteran has been out of the league for six seasons, but he still has plenty of opinions about it. The kind of opinions usually heard from overnight sports talk radio callers. Oakley was on recently with Sid Rosenberg of WQAM in Miami — not an overnight show — and he was talking.
He had thoughts on LeBron and why he should not go to New York.
“I said maybe Chicago or Miami… I think him and Wade would be great together. I can’t tell him to go to New York. New York treated me bad… When I go to the Knicks games, do you know that they have somebody that follows me around to see what I say to the press?”
He had thoughts on how soft Dwight Howard is mentally.
“Dwight Howard is embarrassing Patrick (Ewing) if you ask me. He doesn’t have a ball player’s mind. And they tell me he is one of the best centers in the game. He wouldn’t have even made the league ten years ago. He would be on the bench. They say he won’t listen. Dwight won’t listen. How can you not listen to Patrick Ewing?”
And he had some advice for the two sides contemplating a lockout.
“With the product you got now, you better hope somebody watches you next year… The league’s bad.”
It’s just Oakley being Oakley.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7