Jun 4, 2010, 2:37 AM EDT
City of Angels. Hollywood. Staples Center, where all the stars come out to play. And by play, we mean act like they have any concept of what’s going on on the floor, enjoying seats they paid inordinate amounts for just to be seen. And the Boston Herald has the run down. Here’s our list of the top five celebrities in attendance.
1. Chris Rock: Got yelled at by Phil Jackson. Messed around with Kobe. And even though he accidentally talked about Kobe being in a contract year despite his contract extension already being worked out, and the fact that he’s promoting a movie that features Paul Blart, Mall Cop (also in attendance), Rock stole the show tonight.
2. Charlize Theron: Why? Because she embodies the Lakers. Award winner. Classy. Elegant. And smoking hot. Not to get all “People” on you here, but the leather jacket, hair up look suited her, and at least she was cheering like a normal person.
3. Dustin Hoffman: A regular at Staples games, Hoffman gets a nod here for his kiss cam performance with Jason Bateman that had all the regular beatwriters in hysterics on Twitter and elsewhere. Not bad for a guy that did a movie as a drag queen a few decades ago.
4. Steven Spielberg: Because if he were in charge tonight, things would have been more exciting. Granted, Glen Davis would have turned into an orc pig and tried to eat Ron Artest, but hey, in Ron’s mind, that may have happened anyway.
5. Jack Nicholson: Come on, can I really put together any list without Jack? Rabid, intelligent, talking to the players? He’s as much a part of the NBA as anyone. Probably moreso than most of the Grizzlies’ roster at this point.
Honorable Mention: David Spade: For looking ridiculous and playing the sidekick to Chris Rock. It was like the 90’s came alive for a night and tried to eat us. I kept waiting to hear Soundgarden and start playing with pogs.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4