Jun 4, 2010, 2:37 AM EST
City of Angels. Hollywood. Staples Center, where all the stars come out to play. And by play, we mean act like they have any concept of what’s going on on the floor, enjoying seats they paid inordinate amounts for just to be seen. And the Boston Herald has the run down. Here’s our list of the top five celebrities in attendance.
1. Chris Rock: Got yelled at by Phil Jackson. Messed around with Kobe. And even though he accidentally talked about Kobe being in a contract year despite his contract extension already being worked out, and the fact that he’s promoting a movie that features Paul Blart, Mall Cop (also in attendance), Rock stole the show tonight.
2. Charlize Theron: Why? Because she embodies the Lakers. Award winner. Classy. Elegant. And smoking hot. Not to get all “People” on you here, but the leather jacket, hair up look suited her, and at least she was cheering like a normal person.
3. Dustin Hoffman: A regular at Staples games, Hoffman gets a nod here for his kiss cam performance with Jason Bateman that had all the regular beatwriters in hysterics on Twitter and elsewhere. Not bad for a guy that did a movie as a drag queen a few decades ago.
4. Steven Spielberg: Because if he were in charge tonight, things would have been more exciting. Granted, Glen Davis would have turned into an orc pig and tried to eat Ron Artest, but hey, in Ron’s mind, that may have happened anyway.
5. Jack Nicholson: Come on, can I really put together any list without Jack? Rabid, intelligent, talking to the players? He’s as much a part of the NBA as anyone. Probably moreso than most of the Grizzlies’ roster at this point.
Honorable Mention: David Spade: For looking ridiculous and playing the sidekick to Chris Rock. It was like the 90′s came alive for a night and tried to eat us. I kept waiting to hear Soundgarden and start playing with pogs.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 13
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)