Jun 3, 2010, 11:55 AM EST
Peja Stojackovic is going to be overpaid $14 million next season by the New Orleans Hornets. He is going to shoot about 37 percent from three, shoot poorly inside the arc, barely ever get to the free throw line and play poor defense. He missed 20 games last season with back issues.
But a rumor started circulating that Peja was going to leave New Orleans to play in Greece next season. It started because Panathinaikos said they were going to go after an NBA player this summer. Peja played for Panathinaikos before coming to America. So…
You think he’s going to walk away from $14 million? Are you mad?
Marc Stein got it confirmed for ESPN.com, Peja will be a Hornet next season. Not a shock, he is not going to get paid like that anywhere else. The Hornets might be willing to buy him out at half the money or something, but why exactly would Peja agree this? Because he hates money?
Peja may go to Europe — maybe Panathinaikos — in the summer of 2011. He will be 33 and has ongoing injuries, they travel and play less in Europe. His game fits that style of play well. It’s a good fit.
But he’s not walking away from $14 million.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 14
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 52
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28