Jun 3, 2010, 11:55 AM EST
Peja Stojackovic is going to be overpaid $14 million next season by the New Orleans Hornets. He is going to shoot about 37 percent from three, shoot poorly inside the arc, barely ever get to the free throw line and play poor defense. He missed 20 games last season with back issues.
But a rumor started circulating that Peja was going to leave New Orleans to play in Greece next season. It started because Panathinaikos said they were going to go after an NBA player this summer. Peja played for Panathinaikos before coming to America. So…
You think he’s going to walk away from $14 million? Are you mad?
Marc Stein got it confirmed for ESPN.com, Peja will be a Hornet next season. Not a shock, he is not going to get paid like that anywhere else. The Hornets might be willing to buy him out at half the money or something, but why exactly would Peja agree this? Because he hates money?
Peja may go to Europe — maybe Panathinaikos — in the summer of 2011. He will be 33 and has ongoing injuries, they travel and play less in Europe. His game fits that style of play well. It’s a good fit.
But he’s not walking away from $14 million.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7