Jun 3, 2010, 8:11 PM EST
Wow, that was just useless.
Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson said almost nothing of interest in their pregame press conferences. Rivers lasted just longer than two minutes. Apparently even the media is sick of talking about this game.
Phil Jackson had one good line, when asked about NBA TV analyst and former Minnesota Timberwolves General Manager Kevin McHale saying Doc Rivers was the better coach in this series.
“Kevin McHale gave them Kevin Garnett. Geez. That’s somebody calling the kettle black,” Jackson said.
Jackson also said that this Celtics team did have similarities to 2008.
Rivers did say that he would keep an eye on Rasheed Wallace’s minutes, and that he is a little concerned about his conditioning after having to miss a few days of practice. He said Marquis Daniels will not play tonight but did go through drills yesterday.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17