Jun 3, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Coaching legend John Wooden, the man who made UCLA a basketball powerhouse, the man who coached so many NBA greats, is in the hospital in “grave condition.”
He apparently isn’t eating anymore and one UCLA blog is reporting sources told them this is “the last time he will come to a hospital” and that it is just a matter of a few days. Wooden is 99.
He coached Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Walton, Jamal Wilkes and countless others who went on to play in the NBA. He has touched many more lives and written numerous books not only on basketball but on success and leading a meaningful life.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6