Jun 3, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Coaching legend John Wooden, the man who made UCLA a basketball powerhouse, the man who coached so many NBA greats, is in the hospital in “grave condition.”
He apparently isn’t eating anymore and one UCLA blog is reporting sources told them this is “the last time he will come to a hospital” and that it is just a matter of a few days. Wooden is 99.
He coached Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Walton, Jamal Wilkes and countless others who went on to play in the NBA. He has touched many more lives and written numerous books not only on basketball but on success and leading a meaningful life.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8