Jun 3, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Coaching legend John Wooden, the man who made UCLA a basketball powerhouse, the man who coached so many NBA greats, is in the hospital in “grave condition.”
He apparently isn’t eating anymore and one UCLA blog is reporting sources told them this is “the last time he will come to a hospital” and that it is just a matter of a few days. Wooden is 99.
He coached Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Walton, Jamal Wilkes and countless others who went on to play in the NBA. He has touched many more lives and written numerous books not only on basketball but on success and leading a meaningful life.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32