Jun 2, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
Steve Nash may not be competing in the NBA finals, but he’ll be a part of something much bigger in scope. CBS Sports announced today that Nash will be a part of their coverage of the World Cup in his native South Africa.
Apparently Nash is set to contribute video segments to CBS’ coverage of one of the world’s biggest sporting events, probably because of Nash’s impressive YouTube video resume.
Nash’s love of soccer is well-documented, and the intersection between that torrid, passionate affair and his day job has produced some very entertaining results. This will likely be more of a pure, fútbol-centric project from one of the NBA’s most endearing personalities, but I’d still be shocked if he doesn’t knock it out of the park. Nash is just too funny and too likable not to.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14