Jun 2, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
Steve Nash may not be competing in the NBA finals, but he’ll be a part of something much bigger in scope. CBS Sports announced today that Nash will be a part of their coverage of the World Cup in his native South Africa.
Apparently Nash is set to contribute video segments to CBS’ coverage of one of the world’s biggest sporting events, probably because of Nash’s impressive YouTube video resume.
Nash’s love of soccer is well-documented, and the intersection between that torrid, passionate affair and his day job has produced some very entertaining results. This will likely be more of a pure, fútbol-centric project from one of the NBA’s most endearing personalities, but I’d still be shocked if he doesn’t knock it out of the park. Nash is just too funny and too likable not to.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22