Jun 2, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Tom Thibodeau has a bird in the hand — an offer from the New Orleans Hornets. They want an answer.
But the New Jersey Nets have expressed interest, and that has led to a dilemma for Thibodeau, according to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (via twitter).
Multiple sources have told SI that Thibodeau is more interested in New Jersey (and to a lesser extent, Chicago) than New Orleans.
The Nets, sources say, have a mutual interest in Thibodeau but have not identified him as their top candidate as of yet
Friends of Thibodeau are not surprised that Thibs is stretching this process out. He has often had difficulty making this type of decision
Is the bird in the hand worth a Russian billionaire in the bush?
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10