Jun 2, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Tom Thibodeau has a bird in the hand — an offer from the New Orleans Hornets. They want an answer.
But the New Jersey Nets have expressed interest, and that has led to a dilemma for Thibodeau, according to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (via twitter).
Multiple sources have told SI that Thibodeau is more interested in New Jersey (and to a lesser extent, Chicago) than New Orleans.
The Nets, sources say, have a mutual interest in Thibodeau but have not identified him as their top candidate as of yet
Friends of Thibodeau are not surprised that Thibs is stretching this process out. He has often had difficulty making this type of decision
Is the bird in the hand worth a Russian billionaire in the bush?
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7