Jun 2, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Tom Thibodeau has a bird in the hand — an offer from the New Orleans Hornets. They want an answer.
But the New Jersey Nets have expressed interest, and that has led to a dilemma for Thibodeau, according to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (via twitter).
Multiple sources have told SI that Thibodeau is more interested in New Jersey (and to a lesser extent, Chicago) than New Orleans.
The Nets, sources say, have a mutual interest in Thibodeau but have not identified him as their top candidate as of yet
Friends of Thibodeau are not surprised that Thibs is stretching this process out. He has often had difficulty making this type of decision
Is the bird in the hand worth a Russian billionaire in the bush?
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 2
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 12
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 12
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27