Jun 2, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Tom Thibodeau has a bird in the hand — an offer from the New Orleans Hornets. They want an answer.
But the New Jersey Nets have expressed interest, and that has led to a dilemma for Thibodeau, according to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (via twitter).
Multiple sources have told SI that Thibodeau is more interested in New Jersey (and to a lesser extent, Chicago) than New Orleans.
The Nets, sources say, have a mutual interest in Thibodeau but have not identified him as their top candidate as of yet
Friends of Thibodeau are not surprised that Thibs is stretching this process out. He has often had difficulty making this type of decision
Is the bird in the hand worth a Russian billionaire in the bush?
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 53
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65