Jun 2, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Tom Thibodeau has a bird in the hand — an offer from the New Orleans Hornets. They want an answer.
But the New Jersey Nets have expressed interest, and that has led to a dilemma for Thibodeau, according to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (via twitter).
Multiple sources have told SI that Thibodeau is more interested in New Jersey (and to a lesser extent, Chicago) than New Orleans.
The Nets, sources say, have a mutual interest in Thibodeau but have not identified him as their top candidate as of yet
Friends of Thibodeau are not surprised that Thibs is stretching this process out. He has often had difficulty making this type of decision
Is the bird in the hand worth a Russian billionaire in the bush?
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19