Jun 2, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, Andrew Bynum’s knee will not get better until he has surgery this summer.
Before that, it’s going to hurt and swell and everything else. Two days after taking about 70 cc (think almost three shot glasses) of fluid out of his knee, Bynum said today at practice that it still hurt and that swelling did return to his knee.
And he’s going to play tomorrow. Phil Jackson said the same thing.
Welcome to the NBA finals, where if you limb is still attached you are playing. Regardless.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18