Jun 1, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press and NBC Miami, the lawsuit that featured two of Dwyane Wade’s ex-business partners suing Wade for $25 million over a restaurant deal that went bad has been settled confidentially out of court:
All parties, including Wade, walked into the courtroom at 2:02 p.m., and the settlement was announced eight minutes later.Judge Peter Adrien also said the sides worked out deals on other cases, which could include another trial that was scheduled in Miami brought by some of the ex-restaurant partners alleging Wade walked away from an agreement to license his name to for charter schools, and an antitrust suit over potential sales of memorabilia.
We’ll never know for sure, but hopefully everybody ended up getting what they wanted out of this ordeal. Now Wade can go back to the business of dealing with teams looking to give Wade many millions of dollars this off-season.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4