Jun 1, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press and NBC Miami, the lawsuit that featured two of Dwyane Wade’s ex-business partners suing Wade for $25 million over a restaurant deal that went bad has been settled confidentially out of court:
All parties, including Wade, walked into the courtroom at 2:02 p.m., and the settlement was announced eight minutes later.Judge Peter Adrien also said the sides worked out deals on other cases, which could include another trial that was scheduled in Miami brought by some of the ex-restaurant partners alleging Wade walked away from an agreement to license his name to for charter schools, and an antitrust suit over potential sales of memorabilia.
We’ll never know for sure, but hopefully everybody ended up getting what they wanted out of this ordeal. Now Wade can go back to the business of dealing with teams looking to give Wade many millions of dollars this off-season.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 0
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6