Jun 1, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
According to the Associated Press and NBC Miami, the lawsuit that featured two of Dwyane Wade’s ex-business partners suing Wade for $25 million over a restaurant deal that went bad has been settled confidentially out of court:
All parties, including Wade, walked into the courtroom at 2:02 p.m., and the settlement was announced eight minutes later.Judge Peter Adrien also said the sides worked out deals on other cases, which could include another trial that was scheduled in Miami brought by some of the ex-restaurant partners alleging Wade walked away from an agreement to license his name to for charter schools, and an antitrust suit over potential sales of memorabilia.
We’ll never know for sure, but hopefully everybody ended up getting what they wanted out of this ordeal. Now Wade can go back to the business of dealing with teams looking to give Wade many millions of dollars this off-season.
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 0
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 3
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9