Jun 1, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press and NBC Miami, the lawsuit that featured two of Dwyane Wade’s ex-business partners suing Wade for $25 million over a restaurant deal that went bad has been settled confidentially out of court:
All parties, including Wade, walked into the courtroom at 2:02 p.m., and the settlement was announced eight minutes later.Judge Peter Adrien also said the sides worked out deals on other cases, which could include another trial that was scheduled in Miami brought by some of the ex-restaurant partners alleging Wade walked away from an agreement to license his name to for charter schools, and an antitrust suit over potential sales of memorabilia.
We’ll never know for sure, but hopefully everybody ended up getting what they wanted out of this ordeal. Now Wade can go back to the business of dealing with teams looking to give Wade many millions of dollars this off-season.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 4
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 9
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14