Jun 1, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is the Celtics key to this series — his dribble penetration, his ability to get easy points in transition. He is how the Celtics score now, and against the Lakers that will be doubly true as he attacks a defensive weakness.
But he is not right, as ESPNLosAngeles.com’s Ramona Shelburne reports.
“I’m about 67 percent today,” Rondo joked, before the Celtics practiced at UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion. “I won’t be 100 percent by Thursday, but I’ll be like 94.7.
“Right now, nobody in the Finals is 100 percent. If you find someone let me know who is, let me know,” he said. “You can ask the Lakers too. One of our rookies might be 100 percent.”
Nobody is 100 percent, but for each point that Rondo slips away from that number, so do the Celtics hopes. And 67 percent will not cut it.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?