Jun 1, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
9:10 pm: Apparently the Celtics and Doc Rivers have learned something from Bill Belichick. According to reports from practice, Rasheed Wallace did practice with the team Tuesday. So, disregard what Rivers said.
And as always, you can assume Wallace will play come Thursday night.
5:39 pm: For the second straight day, Rasheed Wallace sat out a Boston Celtics practice.
However, he is improving and may go tomorrow, Doc Rivers said (as reported by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe).
He has been suffering from back spasms, ones that were so bad he could not sit down during the film session before Game 6 against Orlando. Yet he played in that game, so you can bet if Sheed is standing he will go come Thursday night.
The Celtics will need him off the bench — his length and shooting can counter Lamar Odom. Plus there is no chance the Celtics set a record for technicals in the finals if Sheed doesn’t do his part.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 39
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 62
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40