Jun 1, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
9:10 pm: Apparently the Celtics and Doc Rivers have learned something from Bill Belichick. According to reports from practice, Rasheed Wallace did practice with the team Tuesday. So, disregard what Rivers said.
And as always, you can assume Wallace will play come Thursday night.
5:39 pm: For the second straight day, Rasheed Wallace sat out a Boston Celtics practice.
However, he is improving and may go tomorrow, Doc Rivers said (as reported by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe).
He has been suffering from back spasms, ones that were so bad he could not sit down during the film session before Game 6 against Orlando. Yet he played in that game, so you can bet if Sheed is standing he will go come Thursday night.
The Celtics will need him off the bench — his length and shooting can counter Lamar Odom. Plus there is no chance the Celtics set a record for technicals in the finals if Sheed doesn’t do his part.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7