Jun 1, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
9:10 pm: Apparently the Celtics and Doc Rivers have learned something from Bill Belichick. According to reports from practice, Rasheed Wallace did practice with the team Tuesday. So, disregard what Rivers said.
And as always, you can assume Wallace will play come Thursday night.
5:39 pm: For the second straight day, Rasheed Wallace sat out a Boston Celtics practice.
However, he is improving and may go tomorrow, Doc Rivers said (as reported by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe).
He has been suffering from back spasms, ones that were so bad he could not sit down during the film session before Game 6 against Orlando. Yet he played in that game, so you can bet if Sheed is standing he will go come Thursday night.
The Celtics will need him off the bench — his length and shooting can counter Lamar Odom. Plus there is no chance the Celtics set a record for technicals in the finals if Sheed doesn’t do his part.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 19
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 71
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14