Jun 1, 2010, 9:10 PM EST
9:10 pm: Apparently the Celtics and Doc Rivers have learned something from Bill Belichick. According to reports from practice, Rasheed Wallace did practice with the team Tuesday. So, disregard what Rivers said.
And as always, you can assume Wallace will play come Thursday night.
5:39 pm: For the second straight day, Rasheed Wallace sat out a Boston Celtics practice.
However, he is improving and may go tomorrow, Doc Rivers said (as reported by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe).
He has been suffering from back spasms, ones that were so bad he could not sit down during the film session before Game 6 against Orlando. Yet he played in that game, so you can bet if Sheed is standing he will go come Thursday night.
The Celtics will need him off the bench — his length and shooting can counter Lamar Odom. Plus there is no chance the Celtics set a record for technicals in the finals if Sheed doesn’t do his part.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 27
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)