Jun 1, 2010, 9:10 PM EST
9:10 pm: Apparently the Celtics and Doc Rivers have learned something from Bill Belichick. According to reports from practice, Rasheed Wallace did practice with the team Tuesday. So, disregard what Rivers said.
And as always, you can assume Wallace will play come Thursday night.
5:39 pm: For the second straight day, Rasheed Wallace sat out a Boston Celtics practice.
However, he is improving and may go tomorrow, Doc Rivers said (as reported by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe).
He has been suffering from back spasms, ones that were so bad he could not sit down during the film session before Game 6 against Orlando. Yet he played in that game, so you can bet if Sheed is standing he will go come Thursday night.
The Celtics will need him off the bench — his length and shooting can counter Lamar Odom. Plus there is no chance the Celtics set a record for technicals in the finals if Sheed doesn’t do his part.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30