Jun 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
Courtesy of CNN.com, here’s an interesting excerpt from LeBron James’ interview with Larry King, which is scheduled to air on Friday:
King: Do you lean at all toward the place you know the best? I mean do they have an edge going in…JAMES: Oh, absolutely.KING: …your home team?JAMES: Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it’s comfortable. So I’ve got a lot of memories here. And – and so it does have an edge.
Regardless of what LeBron’s intentions are, that was probably the right thing to say — LeBron has always been proud of his hometown roots, and it’s good of him to let the people of Cleveland and the fans that have supported him over the last seven years know that he appreciates what they’ve done for him.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14