Jun 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
Courtesy of CNN.com, here’s an interesting excerpt from LeBron James’ interview with Larry King, which is scheduled to air on Friday:
King: Do you lean at all toward the place you know the best? I mean do they have an edge going in…JAMES: Oh, absolutely.KING: …your home team?JAMES: Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it’s comfortable. So I’ve got a lot of memories here. And – and so it does have an edge.
Regardless of what LeBron’s intentions are, that was probably the right thing to say — LeBron has always been proud of his hometown roots, and it’s good of him to let the people of Cleveland and the fans that have supported him over the last seven years know that he appreciates what they’ve done for him.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7