Jun 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
Courtesy of CNN.com, here’s an interesting excerpt from LeBron James’ interview with Larry King, which is scheduled to air on Friday:
King: Do you lean at all toward the place you know the best? I mean do they have an edge going in…JAMES: Oh, absolutely.KING: …your home team?JAMES: Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it’s comfortable. So I’ve got a lot of memories here. And – and so it does have an edge.
Regardless of what LeBron’s intentions are, that was probably the right thing to say — LeBron has always been proud of his hometown roots, and it’s good of him to let the people of Cleveland and the fans that have supported him over the last seven years know that he appreciates what they’ve done for him.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29