Jun 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
Courtesy of CNN.com, here’s an interesting excerpt from LeBron James’ interview with Larry King, which is scheduled to air on Friday:
King: Do you lean at all toward the place you know the best? I mean do they have an edge going in…JAMES: Oh, absolutely.KING: …your home team?JAMES: Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it’s comfortable. So I’ve got a lot of memories here. And – and so it does have an edge.
Regardless of what LeBron’s intentions are, that was probably the right thing to say — LeBron has always been proud of his hometown roots, and it’s good of him to let the people of Cleveland and the fans that have supported him over the last seven years know that he appreciates what they’ve done for him.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31