Jun 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EST
Courtesy of CNN.com, here’s an interesting excerpt from LeBron James’ interview with Larry King, which is scheduled to air on Friday:
King: Do you lean at all toward the place you know the best? I mean do they have an edge going in…JAMES: Oh, absolutely.KING: …your home team?JAMES: Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it’s comfortable. So I’ve got a lot of memories here. And – and so it does have an edge.
Regardless of what LeBron’s intentions are, that was probably the right thing to say — LeBron has always been proud of his hometown roots, and it’s good of him to let the people of Cleveland and the fans that have supported him over the last seven years know that he appreciates what they’ve done for him.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 9
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 7
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)