Jun 1, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Let us take another break from talking about the big, actual on-the-court basketball series coming up to talk about LeBron James not talking.
But he is talking, you say — today he is taping an episode of Larry King Live for CNN that will air Friday night, according to Brian Windhorst’s powerful twitter account.
Larry King is not talking, it’s hitting softball questions out of the park. This is not Meet the Press, it’s closer to a press conference with planted questions. There is a reason all the politicians and celebrities want to do Larry King — it’s safe. LeBron will be able to stick to his professionally-prepared answers. King will throw out a “How are you making your decision?” or “Do you like Chicago?” and a “How painful was losing to Boston?” questions and that will be it.
Do not expect insight. What you can expect is LeBron coming on the night after the first game of the NBA finals game and stealing some of that spotlight. Which isn’t helping LeBron’s image any.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 4
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 23
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17