May 31, 2010, 8:42 PM EDT
With two banged up teams we’re going to be writing a lot of medical reports these finals — all that time watching The Operation is going to pay off now. I know my medical terms.
For example, Andrew Bynum had his knee aspirated on Monday. That means drained of fluid, for you laymen who didn’t watch entirely too much medical television. He had 70 cc of fluid taken out, according to the L.A. Times. That would be twice as much as Kobe had, although I would not expect a run of 30-point games from Bynum.
Bynum has a tear in his anterior horn of his lateral meniscus of his right knee. It is not going to heal without surgery this summer, but he has played through the pain the last two series.
As for the Celtics, Rajon Rondo went at about 75 to 80 percent today, coach Doc Rivers said. He will certainly be a go come game time — he is a key for the Celtics, who need to attack the Lakers weakness defending quick point guards.
Rasheed Wallace did not do any contact drills and Rivers said he had some concern about if he can play. Marquis Daniels may miss the entire finals after a Game 5 concussion suffered in the Orlando series.
Tony Allen and Kendrick Perkins are banged up but practiced. Everybody is banged up, but this is the Finals so you go.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (76)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'