May 31, 2010, 2:12 PM EST
Lakers players remember two years ago, when Boston fans rocked the team bus and pelted it with whatever they had in their hands after Game 6. They remember the hostile crowds. Lamar Odom remembers his kids hearing it from Boston fans.
So understand that he is a little hesitant about his new, celebrity bride to Boston for the middle games of this series, as he told Kevin Ding of the OC Register.
“I don’t know how my wife is going to be able to sit in the crowd,” Odom said, later adding that security might be needed.
“It’ll be fun, though,” Odom said. “I respect the (Boston) crowd and the knowledge they have of the game.”
The Lakers demeanor has been very businesslike so far. Family may come on this trip, but they will quickly learn this is not a vacation. And people out walking down Newbury Street in Lakers gear are going to get an earful.
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 0
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 32
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6