May 31, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Lakers players remember two years ago, when Boston fans rocked the team bus and pelted it with whatever they had in their hands after Game 6. They remember the hostile crowds. Lamar Odom remembers his kids hearing it from Boston fans.
So understand that he is a little hesitant about his new, celebrity bride to Boston for the middle games of this series, as he told Kevin Ding of the OC Register.
“I don’t know how my wife is going to be able to sit in the crowd,” Odom said, later adding that security might be needed.
“It’ll be fun, though,” Odom said. “I respect the (Boston) crowd and the knowledge they have of the game.”
The Lakers demeanor has been very businesslike so far. Family may come on this trip, but they will quickly learn this is not a vacation. And people out walking down Newbury Street in Lakers gear are going to get an earful.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85