May 31, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Lakers players remember two years ago, when Boston fans rocked the team bus and pelted it with whatever they had in their hands after Game 6. They remember the hostile crowds. Lamar Odom remembers his kids hearing it from Boston fans.
So understand that he is a little hesitant about his new, celebrity bride to Boston for the middle games of this series, as he told Kevin Ding of the OC Register.
“I don’t know how my wife is going to be able to sit in the crowd,” Odom said, later adding that security might be needed.
“It’ll be fun, though,” Odom said. “I respect the (Boston) crowd and the knowledge they have of the game.”
The Lakers demeanor has been very businesslike so far. Family may come on this trip, but they will quickly learn this is not a vacation. And people out walking down Newbury Street in Lakers gear are going to get an earful.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20