May 28, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
One of the great things about Los Angeles: Amazing food. Sure, there is great food in Phoenix, too, but LA’s version brings some Hollywood flair to it
Like deep-fried artichoke. Suns coach Alvin Gentry tried that for lunch at a LA area restaurant the afternoon before Game 5. That ended up being the first thing that made him sick to his stomach on Thursday.
“For some reason, it didn’t sit well with me,” said Gentry.
Gentry threw up during the first quarter (and had a trash can near his feet the rest of the night because he would not leave the sidelines). He took an IV at halftime. But the man is tough. He never left the sidelines, like a player with a broken nose he would not come out.
Although, he may have wished he had for the final 3.5 seconds.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 8
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7