May 28, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
One of the great things about Los Angeles: Amazing food. Sure, there is great food in Phoenix, too, but LA’s version brings some Hollywood flair to it
Like deep-fried artichoke. Suns coach Alvin Gentry tried that for lunch at a LA area restaurant the afternoon before Game 5. That ended up being the first thing that made him sick to his stomach on Thursday.
“For some reason, it didn’t sit well with me,” said Gentry.
Gentry threw up during the first quarter (and had a trash can near his feet the rest of the night because he would not leave the sidelines). He took an IV at halftime. But the man is tough. He never left the sidelines, like a player with a broken nose he would not come out.
Although, he may have wished he had for the final 3.5 seconds.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24