May 28, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
One of the great things about Los Angeles: Amazing food. Sure, there is great food in Phoenix, too, but LA’s version brings some Hollywood flair to it
Like deep-fried artichoke. Suns coach Alvin Gentry tried that for lunch at a LA area restaurant the afternoon before Game 5. That ended up being the first thing that made him sick to his stomach on Thursday.
“For some reason, it didn’t sit well with me,” said Gentry.
Gentry threw up during the first quarter (and had a trash can near his feet the rest of the night because he would not leave the sidelines). He took an IV at halftime. But the man is tough. He never left the sidelines, like a player with a broken nose he would not come out.
Although, he may have wished he had for the final 3.5 seconds.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30