May 28, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
One of the great things about Los Angeles: Amazing food. Sure, there is great food in Phoenix, too, but LA’s version brings some Hollywood flair to it
Like deep-fried artichoke. Suns coach Alvin Gentry tried that for lunch at a LA area restaurant the afternoon before Game 5. That ended up being the first thing that made him sick to his stomach on Thursday.
“For some reason, it didn’t sit well with me,” said Gentry.
Gentry threw up during the first quarter (and had a trash can near his feet the rest of the night because he would not leave the sidelines). He took an IV at halftime. But the man is tough. He never left the sidelines, like a player with a broken nose he would not come out.
Although, he may have wished he had for the final 3.5 seconds.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 0
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 6
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 14
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 23
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26