May 28, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
Boston’s defense is back. With it is the running game and the big leads that the Celtics had in the first half of the season.
Boston’s aggressive defense was back, holding the Magic to 44 percent shooing, and more importantly just 2 of 6 from three. With the Magic missing shots, Rajon Rondo got back to leading the Magic on the break. Boston picked up a number of easy transition baskets and that got them out to a healthy lead
It also led to foul trouble for the Magic, with Dwight Howard picking up three fouls, and Jameer Nelson two.
Then to rub salt in the wound, good Nate Robinson showed up. The streaky backup guard scored 13 points on 4 of 7 shooting.
The Magic made it a little closer at the end, primarily based on Vince Carter finally showing up for the series and scoring 13. But the Magic will need a totally different second half to have a chance.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 7
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 46
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 68
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8