May 28, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
Boston’s defense is back. With it is the running game and the big leads that the Celtics had in the first half of the season.
Boston’s aggressive defense was back, holding the Magic to 44 percent shooing, and more importantly just 2 of 6 from three. With the Magic missing shots, Rajon Rondo got back to leading the Magic on the break. Boston picked up a number of easy transition baskets and that got them out to a healthy lead
It also led to foul trouble for the Magic, with Dwight Howard picking up three fouls, and Jameer Nelson two.
Then to rub salt in the wound, good Nate Robinson showed up. The streaky backup guard scored 13 points on 4 of 7 shooting.
The Magic made it a little closer at the end, primarily based on Vince Carter finally showing up for the series and scoring 13. But the Magic will need a totally different second half to have a chance.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18