May 28, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
Boston’s defense is back. With it is the running game and the big leads that the Celtics had in the first half of the season.
Boston’s aggressive defense was back, holding the Magic to 44 percent shooing, and more importantly just 2 of 6 from three. With the Magic missing shots, Rajon Rondo got back to leading the Magic on the break. Boston picked up a number of easy transition baskets and that got them out to a healthy lead
It also led to foul trouble for the Magic, with Dwight Howard picking up three fouls, and Jameer Nelson two.
Then to rub salt in the wound, good Nate Robinson showed up. The streaky backup guard scored 13 points on 4 of 7 shooting.
The Magic made it a little closer at the end, primarily based on Vince Carter finally showing up for the series and scoring 13. But the Magic will need a totally different second half to have a chance.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12