May 27, 2010, 2:35 PM EDT
Say what you will about Zach Randolph’s defense, but the man knows how to steal headlines, if nothing else (hyuk, hyuk, hyuk). Just hours after it was reported that some fun evidence was discovered linking Randolph to large amounts of marijuana, TMZ (I know, I know) reported that Zach has also been implicated in a beating that took place early Wednesday morning at a strip club in Los Angeles.
According to the Gardena Police Department, officers responded to Starz strip club around 2 AM Wednesday morning — after someone called 911 claiming a man named Gary Ferguson had been badly beaten by someone in Zach Randolph’s crew.
Ferguson told police Zach was present at the club — but did not strike him during the alleged attack.
But according to Ferguson, it’s not the first time he’s had a violent encounter with the Memphis Grizzlies player.
As TMZ previously reported, Ferguson sued Randolph last year — claiming the NBA star attacked him in a pizza joint back in 2008. That case is set to go to trial in September.
It’s always a strip club, isn’t it?
No charges have been filed of yet, but things could advance pretty quickly. This latest report only further ensures that Randolph’s summer should be pretty miserable; it’s obviously far too soon to determine his innocence or guilt, but the proceedings alone should put his name in the papers for all the wrong reasons over the coming months.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 2
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10