May 27, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Now you have another reason to watch Sacramento Kings games besides the mesmerizing game of Tyreke Evans — Bill Walton will be in the booth.
It’s not every Kings game, but he will be a color analyst for some, according to the Sacramento Bee. He’ll attend the Kings games at Staples Center (both Lakers and Clippers) plus some selected games where he will watch on a television in his San Diego home and be hooked up into the broadcast.
Walton is back because his back is letting him. He had such severe back pain he said he considered ending his life, but a new surgery has given him relief and he is back in the game of life. He even shows up now in a new T-Mobile ad during games.
Walton showed a passion for the game as an analyst here at NBC, as well as with ABC/ESPN, even if his analysis itself was not always the sharpest. Still, it will be good to hear his voice again during broadcasts.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46