May 27, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
Up until games four and five of the Magic series, Rajon Rondo had been absolutely dominating the 2010 Playoffs. He absolutely destroyed the 61-win Cavaliers with transition play, pick-and-roll action, pinpoint passes, and suffocating defense on Mo Williams; even though the Cavs had the MVP on their side, Rondo often looked like the best player on the floor. He hasn’t been quite as dominant against the Magic, but he’s still played like a superstar. Rondo was once considered the sidekick to Boston’s “Big Three” — more and more, it looks like the “Big Three” are the ones supporting Rondo.
LW: So my question to you is, where do you think you rank?RR: Me? I think I’m one. I feel like I’m the best at what I do. That’s just how I put it. That’s how I play. I love my match-ups against those three guys, every time I play against them. I’m biased, but I feel like I’m the best.
When healthy, nobody can match Chris Paul’s historic levels of production. Deron Williams is the point guard most likely to take a game over with his scoring. Steve Nash may be the most complete offensive player in basketball. But during these playoffs, with this Celtics team around him, it’s tough to find any player whose play has been on a higher level than Rondo’s, let alone any other point guard. If Rondo wants to be confident about his abilities, he’s certainly earned the right to be.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 46
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43