May 27, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
At the end of Game 5 Wednesday night, Doc Rivers had to wonder just how many players he was going to be able to suit up for Game 6 Friday.
By Thursday afternoon, things looked a lot better.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis, who suffered a concussion when hit with an inadvertent Dwight Howard elbow, looks good and ready to go, Rivers said. While Davis had headaches last night those have subsided, he said.
“Big baby looks good. He was talking and looks fine,” Rivers said, adding that he has a couple more tests to go and is officially a game time decision.
Rasheed Wallace’s back spasms were acting up again, so much so that he could not sit down during a morning film session, Rivers said. However, he said Sheed was doing better as the day wore on and while he also is a game-time decision Rivers expected him to play.
Tony Allen may not play, Rivers said. Again a game-time decision, but a more cautioned one by Rivers, suggesting he may need to go another direction.
“Tony’s ankle is still a problem, and he’s struggling on the floor because of it,” Rivers said.
That direction will not be Marquis Daniels, apparently. Rivers said he is not doing as well as Big Baby and likely will not go. As Daniels is averaging less than 4 minutes per game in the playoffs, the Celtics should be able to overcome this.
As he already knew, Rivers will have Kendrick Perkins as well. Perkins had his second technical foul from Wednesday rescinded by the league. Rivers said he thought both should have been, but he’s happy to be able to play Perkins, even if his starting center will be looking over his shoulder trying not to pick up another technical.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55