May 27, 2010, 6:11 PM EST
At the end of Game 5 Wednesday night, Doc Rivers had to wonder just how many players he was going to be able to suit up for Game 6 Friday.
By Thursday afternoon, things looked a lot better.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis, who suffered a concussion when hit with an inadvertent Dwight Howard elbow, looks good and ready to go, Rivers said. While Davis had headaches last night those have subsided, he said.
“Big baby looks good. He was talking and looks fine,” Rivers said, adding that he has a couple more tests to go and is officially a game time decision.
Rasheed Wallace’s back spasms were acting up again, so much so that he could not sit down during a morning film session, Rivers said. However, he said Sheed was doing better as the day wore on and while he also is a game-time decision Rivers expected him to play.
Tony Allen may not play, Rivers said. Again a game-time decision, but a more cautioned one by Rivers, suggesting he may need to go another direction.
“Tony’s ankle is still a problem, and he’s struggling on the floor because of it,” Rivers said.
That direction will not be Marquis Daniels, apparently. Rivers said he is not doing as well as Big Baby and likely will not go. As Daniels is averaging less than 4 minutes per game in the playoffs, the Celtics should be able to overcome this.
As he already knew, Rivers will have Kendrick Perkins as well. Perkins had his second technical foul from Wednesday rescinded by the league. Rivers said he thought both should have been, but he’s happy to be able to play Perkins, even if his starting center will be looking over his shoulder trying not to pick up another technical.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)