May 27, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
At the end of Game 5 Wednesday night, Doc Rivers had to wonder just how many players he was going to be able to suit up for Game 6 Friday.
By Thursday afternoon, things looked a lot better.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis, who suffered a concussion when hit with an inadvertent Dwight Howard elbow, looks good and ready to go, Rivers said. While Davis had headaches last night those have subsided, he said.
“Big baby looks good. He was talking and looks fine,” Rivers said, adding that he has a couple more tests to go and is officially a game time decision.
Rasheed Wallace’s back spasms were acting up again, so much so that he could not sit down during a morning film session, Rivers said. However, he said Sheed was doing better as the day wore on and while he also is a game-time decision Rivers expected him to play.
Tony Allen may not play, Rivers said. Again a game-time decision, but a more cautioned one by Rivers, suggesting he may need to go another direction.
“Tony’s ankle is still a problem, and he’s struggling on the floor because of it,” Rivers said.
That direction will not be Marquis Daniels, apparently. Rivers said he is not doing as well as Big Baby and likely will not go. As Daniels is averaging less than 4 minutes per game in the playoffs, the Celtics should be able to overcome this.
As he already knew, Rivers will have Kendrick Perkins as well. Perkins had his second technical foul from Wednesday rescinded by the league. Rivers said he thought both should have been, but he’s happy to be able to play Perkins, even if his starting center will be looking over his shoulder trying not to pick up another technical.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85