May 27, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
At the end of Game 5 Wednesday night, Doc Rivers had to wonder just how many players he was going to be able to suit up for Game 6 Friday.
By Thursday afternoon, things looked a lot better.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis, who suffered a concussion when hit with an inadvertent Dwight Howard elbow, looks good and ready to go, Rivers said. While Davis had headaches last night those have subsided, he said.
“Big baby looks good. He was talking and looks fine,” Rivers said, adding that he has a couple more tests to go and is officially a game time decision.
Rasheed Wallace’s back spasms were acting up again, so much so that he could not sit down during a morning film session, Rivers said. However, he said Sheed was doing better as the day wore on and while he also is a game-time decision Rivers expected him to play.
Tony Allen may not play, Rivers said. Again a game-time decision, but a more cautioned one by Rivers, suggesting he may need to go another direction.
“Tony’s ankle is still a problem, and he’s struggling on the floor because of it,” Rivers said.
That direction will not be Marquis Daniels, apparently. Rivers said he is not doing as well as Big Baby and likely will not go. As Daniels is averaging less than 4 minutes per game in the playoffs, the Celtics should be able to overcome this.
As he already knew, Rivers will have Kendrick Perkins as well. Perkins had his second technical foul from Wednesday rescinded by the league. Rivers said he thought both should have been, but he’s happy to be able to play Perkins, even if his starting center will be looking over his shoulder trying not to pick up another technical.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 0
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 15
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32