May 27, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
At the end of Game 5 Wednesday night, Doc Rivers had to wonder just how many players he was going to be able to suit up for Game 6 Friday.
By Thursday afternoon, things looked a lot better.
Glen “Big Baby” Davis, who suffered a concussion when hit with an inadvertent Dwight Howard elbow, looks good and ready to go, Rivers said. While Davis had headaches last night those have subsided, he said.
“Big baby looks good. He was talking and looks fine,” Rivers said, adding that he has a couple more tests to go and is officially a game time decision.
Rasheed Wallace’s back spasms were acting up again, so much so that he could not sit down during a morning film session, Rivers said. However, he said Sheed was doing better as the day wore on and while he also is a game-time decision Rivers expected him to play.
Tony Allen may not play, Rivers said. Again a game-time decision, but a more cautioned one by Rivers, suggesting he may need to go another direction.
“Tony’s ankle is still a problem, and he’s struggling on the floor because of it,” Rivers said.
That direction will not be Marquis Daniels, apparently. Rivers said he is not doing as well as Big Baby and likely will not go. As Daniels is averaging less than 4 minutes per game in the playoffs, the Celtics should be able to overcome this.
As he already knew, Rivers will have Kendrick Perkins as well. Perkins had his second technical foul from Wednesday rescinded by the league. Rivers said he thought both should have been, but he’s happy to be able to play Perkins, even if his starting center will be looking over his shoulder trying not to pick up another technical.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18