May 27, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
Everybody has been talking a lot about the future of Phil Jackson, save for the couple people at the center of the debate.
At each and every press conference, Jackson dances around the questions, revealing little. Well, except that he is going to wait until the season is over to decide, that he will have to take a pay cut if he stays, there’s a 90 percent chance he stays or retires, and he has no interest in coaching in Chicago. But we love to speculate, so that is not enough.
But what about Jerry Buss. The guy that signs the massive checks to Jackson.
CBSSports.com’s Ken Berger was surprised to find Buss on his flight from Phoenix back to Los Angeles for Game 5. Berger approached Buss and said he’d be derelict in his duties if he didn’t ask Buss about Jackson.
“We’d both be derelict if I answered that question,” Buss said. “I’m not going to talk about it because I don’t want any distractions for the team.”
Buss as said he would talk to Jackson after the season. Jackson has said that is when he will make his decision. We could let things work out on the timeline they always do with these two.
But what fun is that?
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7