May 27, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
Everybody has been talking a lot about the future of Phil Jackson, save for the couple people at the center of the debate.
At each and every press conference, Jackson dances around the questions, revealing little. Well, except that he is going to wait until the season is over to decide, that he will have to take a pay cut if he stays, there’s a 90 percent chance he stays or retires, and he has no interest in coaching in Chicago. But we love to speculate, so that is not enough.
But what about Jerry Buss. The guy that signs the massive checks to Jackson.
CBSSports.com’s Ken Berger was surprised to find Buss on his flight from Phoenix back to Los Angeles for Game 5. Berger approached Buss and said he’d be derelict in his duties if he didn’t ask Buss about Jackson.
“We’d both be derelict if I answered that question,” Buss said. “I’m not going to talk about it because I don’t want any distractions for the team.”
Buss as said he would talk to Jackson after the season. Jackson has said that is when he will make his decision. We could let things work out on the timeline they always do with these two.
But what fun is that?
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18