May 26, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Now that the Lakers-Suns series is guaranteed to go beyond five games, the schedule for the NBA Finals is confirmed. With the hope of avoiding a significant layoff in between the Conference Finals and the Finals, all general NBA fans should become Suns fans in the short-term. At least until they win one more game and put the pressure back on the Lakers, at which time everyone can jump ship. Don’t cheer for a team at this point, but for as much basketball as possible between now and the start of the NBA Finals.
I’m hoping for the best from Orlando as well, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Anyway, save these dates for the NBA Finals games:
Thursday, June 3: Game 1, 9 p.m.
Sunday June 6: Game 2, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 8: Game 3, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 10: Game 4, 9 p.m.
Sunday, June 13: Game 5*, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 15: Game 6*, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 17: Game 7*, 9 p.m.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4