May 26, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Now that the Lakers-Suns series is guaranteed to go beyond five games, the schedule for the NBA Finals is confirmed. With the hope of avoiding a significant layoff in between the Conference Finals and the Finals, all general NBA fans should become Suns fans in the short-term. At least until they win one more game and put the pressure back on the Lakers, at which time everyone can jump ship. Don’t cheer for a team at this point, but for as much basketball as possible between now and the start of the NBA Finals.
I’m hoping for the best from Orlando as well, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Anyway, save these dates for the NBA Finals games:
Thursday, June 3: Game 1, 9 p.m.
Sunday June 6: Game 2, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 8: Game 3, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 10: Game 4, 9 p.m.
Sunday, June 13: Game 5*, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 15: Game 6*, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 17: Game 7*, 9 p.m.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 26
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10