May 26, 2010, 12:17 PM EST
Now that the Lakers-Suns series is guaranteed to go beyond five games, the schedule for the NBA Finals is confirmed. With the hope of avoiding a significant layoff in between the Conference Finals and the Finals, all general NBA fans should become Suns fans in the short-term. At least until they win one more game and put the pressure back on the Lakers, at which time everyone can jump ship. Don’t cheer for a team at this point, but for as much basketball as possible between now and the start of the NBA Finals.
I’m hoping for the best from Orlando as well, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Anyway, save these dates for the NBA Finals games:
Thursday, June 3: Game 1, 9 p.m.
Sunday June 6: Game 2, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 8: Game 3, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 10: Game 4, 9 p.m.
Sunday, June 13: Game 5*, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 15: Game 6*, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 17: Game 7*, 9 p.m.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 20
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16