May 26, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Now that the Lakers-Suns series is guaranteed to go beyond five games, the schedule for the NBA Finals is confirmed. With the hope of avoiding a significant layoff in between the Conference Finals and the Finals, all general NBA fans should become Suns fans in the short-term. At least until they win one more game and put the pressure back on the Lakers, at which time everyone can jump ship. Don’t cheer for a team at this point, but for as much basketball as possible between now and the start of the NBA Finals.
I’m hoping for the best from Orlando as well, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Anyway, save these dates for the NBA Finals games:
Thursday, June 3: Game 1, 9 p.m.
Sunday June 6: Game 2, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 8: Game 3, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 10: Game 4, 9 p.m.
Sunday, June 13: Game 5*, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 15: Game 6*, 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 17: Game 7*, 9 p.m.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final