May 26, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis has not been right in the Eastern Conference Finals, he has averaged 7 points a game on 29 percent shooting. He is key — the Magic need him to stretch out the Celtics defense. And he has not been right.
Maybe because he has not been feeling right.
Lewis has been fighting a viral infection all tournament, he told the AP.
“Overall it affects you,” he said after Orlando’s shoot around Wednesday. “I’ve been throwing up. I haven’t been at full strength. I’ve been feeling weak, my legs been feeling weak. I find myself getting tired very fast in the first quarter. You know, when you can’t hold food down you have no energy in your body to go out there and perform.”
Lewis is playing and starting tonight. He will take intravenous fluids then go out and play.
How well may determine how long the Magic get to play.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32