May 26, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis has not been right in the Eastern Conference Finals, he has averaged 7 points a game on 29 percent shooting. He is key — the Magic need him to stretch out the Celtics defense. And he has not been right.
Maybe because he has not been feeling right.
Lewis has been fighting a viral infection all tournament, he told the AP.
“Overall it affects you,” he said after Orlando’s shoot around Wednesday. “I’ve been throwing up. I haven’t been at full strength. I’ve been feeling weak, my legs been feeling weak. I find myself getting tired very fast in the first quarter. You know, when you can’t hold food down you have no energy in your body to go out there and perform.”
Lewis is playing and starting tonight. He will take intravenous fluids then go out and play.
How well may determine how long the Magic get to play.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 0
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 4
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17