May 26, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis has not been right in the Eastern Conference Finals, he has averaged 7 points a game on 29 percent shooting. He is key — the Magic need him to stretch out the Celtics defense. And he has not been right.
Maybe because he has not been feeling right.
Lewis has been fighting a viral infection all tournament, he told the AP.
“Overall it affects you,” he said after Orlando’s shoot around Wednesday. “I’ve been throwing up. I haven’t been at full strength. I’ve been feeling weak, my legs been feeling weak. I find myself getting tired very fast in the first quarter. You know, when you can’t hold food down you have no energy in your body to go out there and perform.”
Lewis is playing and starting tonight. He will take intravenous fluids then go out and play.
How well may determine how long the Magic get to play.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22