May 26, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis has not been right in the Eastern Conference Finals, he has averaged 7 points a game on 29 percent shooting. He is key — the Magic need him to stretch out the Celtics defense. And he has not been right.
Maybe because he has not been feeling right.
Lewis has been fighting a viral infection all tournament, he told the AP.
“Overall it affects you,” he said after Orlando’s shoot around Wednesday. “I’ve been throwing up. I haven’t been at full strength. I’ve been feeling weak, my legs been feeling weak. I find myself getting tired very fast in the first quarter. You know, when you can’t hold food down you have no energy in your body to go out there and perform.”
Lewis is playing and starting tonight. He will take intravenous fluids then go out and play.
How well may determine how long the Magic get to play.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 3
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29