May 25, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
Most of the basketball world has been surprised by the Celtics playoff run. Not that they didn’t have the talent to make a serious run, but they had not shown any sign of pulling it all together since maybe November. Who thought they could turn it on now?
Kobe Bryant. CBS’s Ken Berger reports Kobe’s reaction when asked if the Celtics run surprised him.
“Honestly? Zero,” Bryant said.
And the Cavs?
“I just thought it was great defense,” Bryant said. “I just wasn’t surprised by it. You give them a series to prepare, and they’re going to be prepared like you wouldn’t believe. They’re going to home in on things that you do and take those things away from you. And if you can’t make adjustments … throughout a series, you’re going to have problems.”…
“They started the season off the right way,” he said. “Once they stepped back and let [Rajon] Rondo do what he does, that team started taking off. They’re a great defensive team — defense, rebounding, that’s how they punch their ticket. That’s how they go about doing it.”
Looks like Kobe is going to get to see first hand what that defense is like. And how they punch their ticket.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 4
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8