May 25, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
Most of the basketball world has been surprised by the Celtics playoff run. Not that they didn’t have the talent to make a serious run, but they had not shown any sign of pulling it all together since maybe November. Who thought they could turn it on now?
Kobe Bryant. CBS’s Ken Berger reports Kobe’s reaction when asked if the Celtics run surprised him.
“Honestly? Zero,” Bryant said.
And the Cavs?
“I just thought it was great defense,” Bryant said. “I just wasn’t surprised by it. You give them a series to prepare, and they’re going to be prepared like you wouldn’t believe. They’re going to home in on things that you do and take those things away from you. And if you can’t make adjustments … throughout a series, you’re going to have problems.”…
“They started the season off the right way,” he said. “Once they stepped back and let [Rajon] Rondo do what he does, that team started taking off. They’re a great defensive team — defense, rebounding, that’s how they punch their ticket. That’s how they go about doing it.”
Looks like Kobe is going to get to see first hand what that defense is like. And how they punch their ticket.
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 2
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11