May 25, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
Most of the basketball world has been surprised by the Celtics playoff run. Not that they didn’t have the talent to make a serious run, but they had not shown any sign of pulling it all together since maybe November. Who thought they could turn it on now?
Kobe Bryant. CBS’s Ken Berger reports Kobe’s reaction when asked if the Celtics run surprised him.
“Honestly? Zero,” Bryant said.
And the Cavs?
“I just thought it was great defense,” Bryant said. “I just wasn’t surprised by it. You give them a series to prepare, and they’re going to be prepared like you wouldn’t believe. They’re going to home in on things that you do and take those things away from you. And if you can’t make adjustments … throughout a series, you’re going to have problems.”…
“They started the season off the right way,” he said. “Once they stepped back and let [Rajon] Rondo do what he does, that team started taking off. They’re a great defensive team — defense, rebounding, that’s how they punch their ticket. That’s how they go about doing it.”
Looks like Kobe is going to get to see first hand what that defense is like. And how they punch their ticket.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10